Things are happening around here. Every aspect of my life is currently visiting the Oprah show getting a flash makeover. And I feel all whirlwindish and stuff. Hence, a list.
- Herbie, aka the Demon Cat sent by Satan to maul me has moved into my house. Aka I am frustrated because he is actually cute and pretends to snuggle and then.... wait, he knocks lamps down on my face and mashes my ceramic things to smithereens and knocks everything off my bulletin board and draws blood from my limbs, because he HATES me. And then he tries to snuggle some more.
- People are getting engaged. Which really means that Katie has been gifted a diamond and is no longer going to be my roommate. Which makes me feel all conflicted inside cause I am cheering for that marriage right there, but I am crying about the roommate deprivation that will soon occur. Ba.
- I am soon leaving my current job to start a new job. I will miss my old job and having inside jokes and being called spaz and knocking over the cheese shaker and having "how many pieces of sausage can you spear on that knife in three tries?" contests. But my new boss says they have dance parties, so I'm pretty seriously excited for that as well.
- School starts once more. Back to life in the Loganville. I have missed Logan. I am excited to move back to Logan and have a kitchen and new roommates and Taco Tuesday and the underwear tree and my chair on the fourth floor of the Library. I might even be glad to see the guy who sleeps in my chair on the fourth floor, who has been affectionately dubbed narcolepsy man.
-My brother Alex is coming home again, maybe to have a huge surgery. And then, joy of joys, he has to go back to Arizona. And that whole roadtripping to see Alex idea that I was gonna do this summer didn't really happen because college is expensive to the tenth power and I am poor. And I am grumpy that he has lived there for like four years and I haven't been there yet! (you know why? cause we're slackers. that's why.)
- The crowning glory. My sister is moving to North Carolina. Yeah! All the way across the freaking country. Which means that Erin and Ben are packing and feverishly averting disasters that come with putting your whole life in a van and dropping it into a different state. Aka, the whole fam damily is having a collective stroke. Will we recover? That remains to be seen.
- People are moving out. People are roadtripping and flying with small children and shuffling cars and shuffling jobs and buying new cars and quitting jobs and getting engaged and married and divorced and making disaster cakes*. People are getting so stressed that they start singing everything to make themselves feel better and dying from stress. Blood pressure is shooting up, and other kinds of pressure too.
Long story short, this is where we're at:
"Wait till Erin hears that! Bloody Hell, she'll say!"