Thursday, March 30, 2017

Conversations with Sophomores

I am currently in the process of compiling snippets of the hilarious daily entertainment provided by my school children, but in the meantime, a conversation I had in class today for your amusement....

Boy: My mom says I shouldn't kiss people, but I am just a kisser. I do it anyway. I've kissed 23 girls!

Me: Seriously? That's more people than years you've been alive.

Boy: Yeah. I do it all the time even though my mom says not to.

Boy's sidekick: Really? My mom gets upset when I don't kiss girls.

Me: What now?

And later on....

Me: Nope, you are not speaking about girls that way in my class.

Boy: What are you talking about? I already told you I've kissed 23 girls and I wasn't in trouble then!

Me: You can kiss whoever you want, but you cannot refer to this girl as "a homework assignment I've got to get done!" Do you see how that's different?

Boy: Okay, but! Listen..

Me: Alright, moving on! Which rhetorical strategy was strongest in the documentary?

Boy: Fine. Pathos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!