Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sure showed me!

Today while I was cashiering, I told the guy sneaking three bags of chips out that he was not permitted to take food out of the Junction. I walked over to take the bags and he reluctantly relinquished his hold after I tugged a bit.

The best part, however, was when he looked at me, made a face that looked sort of like Mrs. Nelson the swamp creature and stuck his tongue out at me, boldly showing me both his freshman status and his tongue piercing.

I smiled my most winning smile, took the bags, and tried really hard to keep from laughing. I think a giggle might have slipped out, though. And I thought to myself, "Self. Congratulations! You are both five years old. "

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!