Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First of all, Logan is bipolar. I didn't even wear long pants for like a month after I moved back here. It was heaven. People blasted music outside the TSC and I skipped home in my barefeet, flip flops in hand, humming in the sunshine and wishing I hadn't left my aviators at my sister's house in salt lake like the spaz that I am...

And then, in like 20 minutes, Logan froze over and got all slushy and soggy and gross, and also windy. In short, "butt-snappin cold!" blowing in your face quite rudely. Pretty sure I didn't wear dry pants for a few days in a row.

And then I guess Hell got jealous and melted Logan out of its frozen wasteland state. And it was warn again for a bit. Heck, I was out running with Steph the other day and it was actually hot.

Now Logan has reached a golden goal. Manic and Depressive have given up and ceded to calm autumnal weather. The trees are turning golden, it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket! (go miss congeniality. woot.)

My sister Erin was telling me about Libby's fieldtrip to a pumpkin patch tommorrow! And I told her that all I wanted to do was buy a bouquet of sharpened pencils!* And then I was walking home, joyfully massaging my hand cramp away in the wake of my last furious hour of midterm writing in the complacent knowledge that midterms are done, and I don't have to go back to class for four whole days. And I was walking in the crunching leaves and little flyaway seeds blowing off the trees and the whole world had this nutty delicious flavor hanging about. 

this is why I live in Logan. Cause when it stops being bipolar, it compensates unstintingly.

also, tonight was Oktoberfest at work, and I ate potato pancakes and drank apple beer. Doesn't get much better than that.

* You've got mail. Don't you just love New York in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!