Friday, February 18, 2011

The Shimmy List

Katie has been trying to teach me to shimmy. Let me tell you, my shoulders just won't do it. Which sucks, because all those songs we listen to all the time most certainly  call for some shimmy. But I made up for it by dancing on my bed and singing along. (That is, until I smacked my head on the ceiling. Good things I landed on a mattress.)

Anyway, I have been experimenting with Pandora stations, trying to find exactly the right one that includes the optimum number of songs that I love to listen to while I do homework. Most of them include some point when you either have to dance or explode. I actually have a list of these songs, and I have dubbed it The Shimmy List.

I think I have gotten pretty close. A combination of two stations, Cooler than me by Mike Posner and Just the way you are by Bruno Mars seems to be the closest I can get, and I would estimate that it includes about ninety percent of songs on the shimmy list, including, but not limited to:

High School never ends by Bowling for Soup
Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida
Magic by B.o.B.
I gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
Do you Remember by Jay Sean
Dynamite by Taio Cruz

and the ever classis Hey Ya by good old Outkast.

Probably no one cares. But in the event that you were just dying for a good song to shimmy to, try these out. And then come teach me to shimmy so I can stop hitting my head.
(There is this six year old inside me that tells me that as long as I can't shimmy I might as well jump on my bed. Can't stop it. And I am getting a headache. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!